Average GRE scores for M.Arch 1

Hey guys ,

I just gave my GRE, got 630v/780q GPA 3.3 , m aiming for a 2012 fall intake of M.Arch 1...

I am confused about which schools to apply to ...

... please help ...

I really...really want cornell ... do I have a chance .. ?

Please reply..

Thanks . :)

Edited by the.architect

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am applying for the same admission cycle as well.

My understanding is that the GRE averages range from school to school. A lot of schools that I've checked out mention that they do not have GRE cut-offs but have scores that they like to see. From professors and advisors I've talked to the general comment about the GRE is similar, adding that, if anything, doing poorly will potentially hurt an applicant, but if other areas of an application are strong, you still have a chance. Your scores seem fine, several of the top M.Arch programs mention wanting to see 600s and I think architecture GPAs jump a lot depending on how tough your school is. I think the most important element of an application, especially for M. Arch programs, is the portfolio.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

hi!

I wrote about this in another post, but I wanted to pass along the info. GRE scores are really not that important. I am in architecture school at an ivy league school and one of the guys here never even took math passed middle school and he got in and I can't imagine his GREs were very good at all. I hope this helps!