2012 Applicants

scito

When should I be hearing back from the master's programs, my last deadline was Feb 15th.

I applied to: WI-Milwaukee, Texas Tech, NIU, Univ. of Montana, Houston, A&M, Brandeis, Colorado State, Western Michigan.

If I haven't heard back does this mean I've been rejected?

Thx. :]

I do know that Colorado State and NIU have sent updates via "myNIU email" and "myCSU email." In short, to access these notifications check the email account that was created when you submitted your application.

• 3 weeks later...

Boston U was one of the 8 schools I applied to for this coming fall for a Philosophy ph.d. I have been rejected from 7 but have not heard back yet from BU. Strangely, it's been over three weeks since I heard from the last school and it's now almost April. Anyone have an idea about what's going on with BU?

• 1 month later...

Has anyone at heard from Columbia at all?

(...Aside from the rejection posted on the results list... sorry about that...)

I applied to Columbia. They told me I had been rejected from PhD and was being considered for MA on March 1. April 1 I asked if they knew anything, and they didn't. Still haven't heard but not waiting on it anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

This is a nice forum.

I am applying for the Fall of 2013, but I though I would share anyways.

I am planning (tenatively) on apply to:

Chicago

Georgetown

Boston University

Boston College

University of Toronto

CUNY

WashU

Stony Brook

Pittsburgh

Duquesne

I will be graduating next year with a BA in Philosophy and Psychology from Duquesne.

My interests include Ethics, Continental Philosophy (especially Existentialism and Nietzsche), and Ancient Philosophy (especially neoplatonic idealism)

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

That's a nice list of schools you're applying to! There's a few others in Canada that have good ethics and continental-type departments: Ryerson Univeristy, Memorial U. of Newfoundland, and Guelph are al really excellent schools. :)

• 7 months later...

I'm not a strict "philosophy" applicant, although I am applying to interdisciplinary programs.

List of Schools:

NYU English, Berkeley Rhetoric, UC Santa Cruz History of Con, OSU Comparative Studies, UMN - CSCL, Duke English, SUNY Buffalo English, University of Chicago English, Ann Arbor English/Women's Studies, WashU English, Brown MCM, U Penn English, Madison English, Stanford MLT, Syracuse English, Rochester Visual and Cultural Studies, Yale American Studies, Iowa English, Penn State English, Albany English, Loyola Chicago English, Rice English, Chicago Committee on Social Thought, Brown English, UC Boulder English

Interests: Phenomenology, Deleuze and Affect Theory, Queer Theory, Object Oriented Ontology, and Queer Literature (with an emphasis on poetry and poetics).