Drexel ischool

elsie

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone applied to Drexel University or has attended there. I've been thinking about applying and I wanted to see what other people's experiences were. Thanks so much for the help.

Hello Elsie! I just started a new job with Drexel (Sacramento Campus), so I've been immersing myself in all the program information. From what I understand, library science programs can be a little hard to come by today, and registration for in-person programs have been slipping due to the economy. The ischool programs are designed for professionals who want to earn a graduate degree.

I have a few professor contacts if you would like me so send their information your way. However, I get the sense you're looking for input from current students. I believe there are a few on my campus, so please let me know if you'd like me to track a few of them down.

I did find this little tidbit of information...

"This online library science degree program was "America's Best Graduate Schools 2007," U.S.News & World Report, and has ranked the Drexel University College of Information Science and Technology's Master's in Library and Information Science 11th in the nation overall, while its specialties in Information Systems and Digital Librarianship came in at numbers 5 and 6, respectively."

I don't know anyone that attends Drexel's iSchool but like Mrs. Grad pointed out, Drexel is a good place to go if you're focused on more tech based specialties in LIS. I know people who attended Drexel for other programs. They generally seemed to love the classes and the campus. However, a common complaint I've heard about Drexel is that it's expensive and the financial aid they offer is usually not very good.

Edited by modern_muslimah

• 1 month later...

i just got accepted to Drexel's Ischool. I'm not sure how the program will be and my future job prospects until i begin the semester. the application process was very easy...almost "too easy"...since my last letter of recommendation was received on the deadline (Sept 5th) and i was accepted less than a week later. I do hope that this is not just a cash cow for Drexel since its an online program. I've read that comment/statement numerous times while deciding on whether or not to apply to Drexel.

Hi Hachi,

I ended up applying and getting accepted as well. I have a lot of the same concerns as you but I'm just going to try to get as much out of it as possible and be proactive about getting library experience. Let me know if you ever want to talk. Good luck this semester