Guide to Grad Schools' Accepted GREs?

Sally_Sparrow

Hey guys!

Sorry if this is a noob question, but I was wondering if there was any kind of guide to or collection of accepted GRE scores for various graduate programs? I've spent the past three hours wading through Google trying to find concrete scores that my grad programs will accept. I can't afford to apply to schools that won't accept me straight-off because my scores are too low.

If you want more specific info about me, I took the pre-August 1, 2011 GRE and got a 690 on verbal (97%), a 670 on quantitative (63%) and a 5 on the AW section (84%); I plan to apply to Editing/ Publishing (literature) programs. I am a rising senior with majors in English and French.

Thanks so much for your help!!! I really appreciate it!

~S.

I've never heard of something like this (it'd certainly be helpful if it did exist).

The best places to find this information are (1)the program's website (try to find a page about admissions requirements), (2) the university's admissions pages (as some universities have cutoffs that the graduate programs must adhere to), and (3) the graduate secretary. A quick email to the secretary will probably yield this information; but you should make an effort to find it yourself on their website first.

U.S. News has a service called the "Graduate School Compass" that claims to offer statistics on test scores. It costs $19.99. I'm tempted to buy it but don't know if it actually provides useful data, and there's no list of programs pre-purchase.

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-graduate-schools/articles/2011/02/08/faq-us-news-graduate-school-compass