Revised Gre Experiences

bentforyoga

I took the revised Gre yesterday and my scores were exactly the same as the practice tests I took from tne ETS prep book and CD. However, I also have been reading that people have gotten 'unusually high' scores. So what I am wondering is:

1. What do people mean by unusually high just so I get an idea? Discrepant from previous tests or practice tests?

2. How accurate are the ranges given for the unofficial scores at the end for this revised test?

I thought my mind could be at peace after the test but I'm going crazy knowing I'll have to wait till November to get official results.

I was thinking we could all post our experiences and/or scores here to maybe see patterns or just pretty much if anyone has any insight at all.

Thanks!

My Q score was exactly the same on the revised GRE I took yesterday and the ETS practice test I took the day before. My V score was a bit higher than I was expecting, but maybe I just guessed a little better. I was wondering the same same thing though, people keep saying unusually high but it's not like I got scores in the 95th percentiles after expecting them to be in the 70s.

Edited by Rachel B

Same here, I scored about 10 points higher on math and 10 points lower on verbal on the actual test compared to my practice, but the overall score remained the same. I guess this doesn't really count as "unusually high". I was just so nervous during the whole thing it seems like a blur.

But I just want to make sure, if anyone knows, how accurate are the ranges ETS gives at the end?