PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi PollyTheory, I am also in theory. We seem to have two schools in common, Northwestern and UCLA. I also applied to JHU, UCSB, UCSC, Cornell, WashU, University of Victoria, U Washington, CUNY and U Mass-Amherst. I am interested in contemporary pol theory so NW and JHU are my top choices.

I also noticed that there aren't many theorists on this board so I was excited to hear from you. Good luck!

Another theory applicant here. Expanding our ranks to 3.

Quantitative analysis from the theorists, ladies and gentlemen!!!

And before I get accused of hating on the theorists for chasing unicorns: I think theorists are by far the smartest, and, given performance in my deparment (a top-20 methods place with a solid theory department), they are among the best at picking up methods. Don't be hatin'. And of course, good luck!

Arrived home to find a small envelope from Texas A&M...that contained instructions for setting up my "NetID", for checking my application status. I think they're just screwing with me, now.

that sort of happened to me too....i got that letter like 2 weeks ago, but then I got an email early last week with the same info, also telling me that the graduate school has received my application. i got my acceptance letter that friday. dont know what it means, but there it is

that sort of happened to me too....i got that letter like 2 weeks ago, but then I got an email early last week with the same info, also telling me that the graduate school has received my application. i got my acceptance letter that friday. dont know what it means, but there it is

Cool....I received that e-mail on `1/26, (last Monday)....

Not sure what it all means, if anything, but sharing info's always a plus.

Well, I made it further with Duke than I did last year. Last year I was in the very first batch of rejections. At least this year I lasted an extra day... hopefully more :)

To those who have heard good news, congratulations and best of luck with the rest of the cycle.

To those with no or negative news, keep your head high. The excitement has just begun.

OSU this week - shouldn't surprise, they told me a long time ago that last week Jan/first week Feb would be when they throw out acceptances. Since they didn't want writing samples in the slightest, it makes sense they should be among the first.

I smell UNC on the wind... but predict Duke next week.

Very very quiet today...calm before the proverbial storm?

Yes, very quiet in comparison to yesterday. Something is brewing or could be another day of worrying without finding out anything. Let's keep our fingers crossed!