GRE Revised Experimental and Research Section?

mudkip104

Hi guys~ just recently took the GRE and received a range of 750-800Q with 3 Q sections. I don't think I saw any experimental identified sections as a recall... but I want to double check with you guys on where the "experimental" was written (on the top where it says Quantitative Reasoning or in the texts with bullets). Please help... My last Q section was fairly difficult compared to the practice ones that I have taken and want to make sure that this was either a research or experimental section.

Also, do you guys know how many questions for Q you can miss (at the highest adaptive range 750-800) and still get an "800" or higher? For those who have taken the previous GRE, how many can you miss and still get an 800?

Edited by mudkip104

They don't tell you which section is experimental because then it wouldn't be experimental...

Obviously you received an experimental Q section, but if could have been any of the three. And I'm not sure what you mean by "800 or higher" since 800 is the highest score you can get.

What I meant was in the previous GRE, how many questions can you generally miss in the Quantitative and still receive an 800. Equivalently, for the revised test how many questions can you generally miss in order to get an "800"-equivalent score with the revised scale? This would correspond to roughly 95 percentile.

What I meant was in the previous GRE, how many questions can you generally miss in the Quantitative and still receive an 800. Equivalently, for the revised test how many questions can you generally miss in order to get an "800"-equivalent score with the revised scale? This would correspond to roughly 95 percentile.

ETS doesn't report this data and since they're completely revamping the scoring scale they are recalculating the percentiles. In actuality it doesn't matter how many questions you got wrong it matters how many more you got right in comparison to others who took the test.