Please provide your suggestion on my PS

xunoname

It is complex for me to explain why I like mathematics. The internal causes maybe are: A. I like the feeling of discovery and imagination. B. I realize that mathematical principles govern the universe. The external causes come from many resources: wonderful books such as The Emperor's New Mind, by Roger Penrose, Mathematics

To be honest, I think you are a little too down on yourself in this personal statement. I would remove the sentences concerning the GRE. That is precious space to waste on a winded excuse as to why you didn't do well (which I'm sure they hear about enough from other applicants). Better to use that time accentuating in greater detail faculty matches, etc., which are conspicuously absent from your statement.

Of course, one alternative route would be to plan to visit the department during the time the admissions committee meets. Since you don't know when this is specifically, you can decamp at a local hotel, halfway house, etc. Watch surreptitiously for when they meet by hanging out in the hallways, then ask if you can sit in on their deliberations. When they come to your application, you can correct them on bad assumptions about your person, denigrate other applicants, and so forth. If they decide to reject you, as a matter of last recourse, you can lock yourself in the DGS's office and relay that you will not leave until you're admitted. Quid pro quo...

Thank you. Ferrero. I really appreciate your answer.

To be honest. I don't have a deep understanding of advanced research. So it is difficult for me to say which area I will sure do. Anyway, I do have more interest on ALgebra and combinatorics that other fields, but I have no ability to say I am suitable for them.

It is complex for me to explain why I like mathematics. The internal causes maybe are: A. I like the feeling of discovery and imagination. B. I realize that mathematical principles govern the universe. The external causes come from many resources: wonderful books such as The Emperor's New Mind, by Roger Penrose, Mathematics

It is complex for me to explain why I like mathematics. The internal causes maybe are: A. I like the feeling of discovery and imagination. B. I realize that mathematical principles govern the universe. The external causes come from many resources: good books such as The Emperor's New Mind, by Roger Penrose, Mathematics