Anybody get into Harvard, Princeton, MIT, YALE,etc. with low GPA/GRE

Hello Everybody!

I am preparing my grad apps for this fall and I was curious whether anybody got into any of these good schools with a mediocre GPA/GRE.

My GPA is pretty low, like 3.1/3.2.

I am not saying I am going to apply to all of these schools but im curious whether you or someone got into these schools. It will greatly decide whether I should spend the money to apply for these schools.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi joe,

I was actually in the same position that you were. I didn't have the greatest GPA but I still dreamed of going to those top schools, but I wasn't really sure if I should apply but then I thought, well what if I got in? Wouldn't it be worth the money and if not, well you can always make a few hundred more dollars. Anyway I was accepted to Yale and I think it was the best decision I ever made. And actually, something that I think made a real difference if that I used an admissions consulting firm. Have you heard of Arch +Design Admissions

(http://www.archdesignadmissions.com/)?

They gave me really great advice about my essays and portfolio and I think they made the difference between me getting accepted and not. I don't know if you would be interested in something like that, but I wanted to pass on the info.

I hope this helps!