Psychology in Philadephia (PCOM/TEMPLE Univ.)

tea and books

It's fall application season! Those of you that attend PCOM or Temple University, can you please help someone that's in the shoes you once were in??? I'm quite stressed out with applications. Can you please tell me your satisfaction with faculty, the program, the overall school, and the area? I'm applying to doctoral programs and would like to hear first hand stories. I'm also applying to Chestnut Hill and UPenn. Even if you have just one line to say, I'd greatly appreciate it.... anything else u wanna through in is gold! =) thanks!!!

p.s. I was planning on applying to 6 schools, but an advisor said to make it 10-12! jesus, that's a lot and a lot of money, so i'm trying to make sure my list is a good one. And, perhaps people on the west coast don't know about philadelphia college of osteopathic medicine, but is it well known out there? i could only find reviews pertaining to the D.O. degree. Your help is appreciated!

I know PCOM quite well... I thought they only had a PsyD program? (No research-based PhD or anything like that). It's also full-tuition. Is that what you are looking for?

And depending which field/programs in Psych you're going into, 10-12 apps is pretty standard.

I'm also interested in PCOM's clinical PsyD program. I think its model being for in practice professionals with a health psych focus is a good fit for me. Would really appreciate if you could share what you know about it from your experience/knowledge..thank you!!

I don't know much about their PsyD program. My father is a professor at PCOM, but in a different department (not in the PsyD program). I looked at the program closely when I was deciding on graduate programs, but since I mostly want to go into research, it didn't make much sense to me. Plus, the tuition was pretty cost-prohibitive unless it was something I decided I really really really wanted to do. I know a good number of people in their D.O. program- and graduates- who do enjoy it, so I guess there's something to be said about it.

The area of Temple and PCOM isn't the best.