Favorite ice cream flavors?

HyacinthMacaw

Poor pistachio, it's such an underrated nut.

So true, this why when I can find a deal on them I almost always buy them. Trying making pesto with them instead of pine nuts or walnuts and you will be amazed, or you can simply use them as an ice cream topping. Yum.

Edited by orst11

Phish Food has been my favorite B&J's ice cream flavor ever since I can remember. I used to suck the ice cream off the little chocolate fish then spit them back out in my hand to look at them. (Strange kid, I know, but whatever.)

Oh my goodness, what a great topic!!

My roommate and I recently discovered Hershey's Banana Pudding ice cream. It has chunks of Nilla-wafer-like cookies in it- soooo good! In our area, it's only sold in pint cartons in a convenience store near our house, so when we decide to indulge, we usually go for a walk to buy it and then split the pint. Nice way to end a day of studying.

We also occasionally drive to Wendy's to get Frostys (hands down, my favorite soft-serve). My roommate had never had one until a few weeks ago (he's an international student). Cute story: he can't remember the name and so he says things like "Do you want to go get a Coldy?" or "I'm in the mood for a Chilly." Hahaha, gotta love it!

Kroger's actually has a few that I like. Just the other day I tried chocolate hazelnut mascarpone an fell in love. My only complaint is when Kroger's relaunched their premium ice cream line is that they got rid of a few really good flavors.

Yeah, I can second that the Kroger's premium ice cream is sinfully good, even though it's got HFCS and is about as healthy as a sugar-coated, deep-fried stick of butter. B&J's was too expensive at Dillon's, so I tried Kroger's "Tropical Coconut" (actually a gelato)--got 3 pints for less than the cost of 1 pint of B&J's. Still, there's a purity (whatever that means) about B&J's that I like.

As an aside, I would recommend staying away from Kroger's "Carbmaster" yogurts. Beware! Water is the first ingredient, so when you open these yogurts all you see is this sort of emulsion with little globs dissociating from one another and swimming in cold water. Not a pleasant experience when you've bought 10 of these! They are not worth the 44 cents or however little you pay for them. I would definitely advise spending a few more cents (or consuming a few more calories) on yogurt where milk is the first ingredient!