Carnegie Mellon's "Literary and Cultural Studies"

koolherc

I am quite unfamiliar, though I do know of one person who attended the program. I am only an acquaintance, so I only have a little info.

She said that she really enjoyed the program, but she was frustrated and annoyed by many of her peers, whom she described as being "extremely snobby." Take that with a grain of salt though, as many graduate programs have their share of elitists. After finishing the program, she was admitted (with funding) to a lower-ranked PhD program (to protect her---and my---anonymity, I am withholding the school's name). She left the program after much soul-searching and has now returned to my undergraduate institution to take a few courses so she can have a secondary education certificate in English.

That's all I have to offer. Perhaps others have more input?

• 4 weeks later...

I am applying to this program but don't know anything beyond what you can find via their website and rudimentary searches. I'm scheduling a visit with some meetings in a month or so, if you would still be considering applying by that point (i dont know if that would be too close to deadline time for your comfort), I'd be happy to send you a message with more info.

best

agj