Another one of those "what are my chances" pages

sociologyplease

Hi all,

Newish/long time lurker here. I'm applying for the 2012 fall season for Soc PhDs and I think I've spent too much time searching the archives here. I'm afraid I'm not going to get in anywhere after reading the outcomes from last season.

My stats:

BA in Psychology; Undergrad GPA: 3.57 from relatively unknown private university

Finishing MS in Family Therapy; Graduate GPA: 3.98 from more known private liberal arts school

Revised GRE: 650-750 Q, 690-790 V. Hope it's on the higher end of those. Can't wait to see the percentiles.

Research: 3 conference presentations, including ASA this year and a regional research award from 2009. Two submitted co-authored papers. Currently working on my master's thesis, which I plan on expanding in my doctoral studies.

Teaching experience: International teaching and training experience within my current M.S. program.

Work experience: I have a therapy internship with an organization that serves the population my thesis is studying. Which is as close as I can get to believing this M.S. is serving some sort of purpose.

Areas of focus: Sexualities, Social movements, Family (I tie all together in my current thesis)

Possible schools: UMass Amherst, SUNY Albany, Brandeis, U Mich, U Chicago, Indiana, Georgia State, UC Santa Cruz, UC Santa Barbara, U Conn

Although I took a large number of cross-listed soc/psych courses in undergrad and worked exclusively on research with soc professors, I'm worried that my lack of clear soc background will hurt my chances of getting in somewhere, especially considering the field my current M.S. is in. Anyone have any advice?