Media/Communication(s) programs?

Hi there!

I'm hoping to apply to a few Media Studies/Communication(s) programs and I'm not quite sure which programs would be best for me. I'm really intersted in new media, technology, mass media, and global communication.

One program I'm really curious about is the USC Global Communications program in which you do one year abroad in either Shanghai or London. Does anyone know anything about this program or have first hand experience with it? I'm also curious about the UCLA Cinema and Media studies program...would love to hear about this one as well!

My GPA's average (3.3) and I just recently took the new GRE (verbal range: 640-740 and quantitive ranger: 740-800). I've also done a few internships in communication and new media.

Again, I'm not entirely sure what programs would be best/right for me, so I'm hoping to hear some recommendations!

Thanks in advance!

• 3 months later...

Hello!!!

So glad to have found someone else applying to the USC/LSE program!! I think this might be my top choice but I'm not getting my hopes up...haha. Where else are you applying?

Hi! For the LSE application, if I uploaded all my transcripts, do I still need to mail them a copy? I remember the instruction specifically says "if you uploaded here, don't send via mail as it may delay the processing of your application"

I applied to LSE/USC Global Communication and Media program too!! Have you guys heard anything yet? I am so anxious!!

I haven't heard anything from either school except for receiving the USC ID... do you know if we need to mail the transcripts in to both school? I emailed USC and the reply was that I don't need to mail transcript to USC.

As for LSE, the instruction says we don't mail in the transcripts if we already uploaded them. What did you do?

Nice to see other people who are applying to the same program!

I also haven't heard from them aside from the USC ID...as for the transcripts I haven't sent them in since I uploaded them...hmmm..I think our best bet would be to email LSE and ask? Or have you done this already? I'm anxious too!

Hey guys! I sent my transcripts to USC and uploaded them from LSE. When I talked to USC they said I needed to send them to both but LSE said they received mine as well so I don't think we need to send them to both! This will be week 8 for me since I submitted my app! Hopefully I hear something this week or next! eeep! What schools are you guys from?

i'm from uc davis! what about you guys?

also have you guys received the email from lse about creating your account/financial aid? i'm in the process of writing the personal statement for that....i desperately need the money! haha.

i will most likely send my transcript to usc....when i logged into my lse account it said they had my transcript so i'm assuming that's covered?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! I sent my transcripts to USC and uploaded them from LSE. When I talked to USC they said I needed to send them to both but LSE said they received mine as well so I don't think we need to send them to both! This will be week 8 for me since I submitted my app! Hopefully I hear something this week or next! eeep! What schools are you guys from?

eight weeks? wow!!! I hope you will hear something really soon!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...