So, to Pass the Time Till March I'm...

I L O V E that you posted this! I actually called and arranged a hair appointment today, and just the act of making the appointment felt like a splurge!! :D

I am teaching a new section of comp and finishing a thesis, so I don't necessarily have oodles of time on my hands (but that doesn't stop me from checking on status, etc, multiple times a day.)

Other luxuries in which I've engaged:

1) gave my dog a bath

2) made 4 playlists on my mp3 player that will keep me motivated to run 6 miles (we'll see how this actually works)

3) made 6 miis that look EXACTLY like my friends

4) searched for apartments in every city I applied (this technically might not count, but it's SO irrational I'm considering it a luxury)

5) made mix cds for 4 people--yeah, I make mix cds, still--so what?? :roll:

Activities I would still like to do:

1) clean out my car

2) file all of my articles/work/research

3) watch a Northern Exposure marathon

4) lose 10 pounds

5) organize all my digital photos so i can find one when I need it

6) watch every movie I've missed in the past 2 years

yay.

Lately, I've been channeling all of my nervous energy into a baking frenzy--not healthy food, but things like cakes, brownies, cookies, etc. It's funny how baking can make you feel like you're doing something productive, and it's usually my typical displacement habit when avoiding real work. However, there is something relaxing about it that makes it a good therapy for handling the agonizing stress of waiting...

Luckily, I've been successful in forcing these goodies on friends and not consuming them all by myself :) .

All this talk of baking is hilarious, because that is my numero uno procrastination activity. I teach five (yeah i said five) composition classes a semester and what will you find me doing during finals week? baking apple pies and carrot cake.

To pass the time this past week...

1. I hosted a Mamma Mia singalong party at my apartment (I love it in an ironic way ok?)

2. read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (I didn't get to it as a kid)

3. thought about scrapping the ivory tower and becoming a milliner

4. have enjoyed the twinkly lights of the Christmas tree (maybe I'll keep it up in a vigil until i get accepted somewhere?)

5. have tried to finish my book that is due in March but then I notice all of the Globetrekker episodes on the dvr waiting to be watched.

6. obsessively looking up all of the schools I applied to on the results page to see when people were notified last year.

the waiting is agony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!