When to include AOS and AOC in CV?

At least in the humanities, I understand that listing your "Area(s) of Specialization [AOS]" and "Area(s) of Competency [AOC]" near the top of your CV, in certain contexts, is essential. At a recent philosophy conference, I attended a panel on "The Job Search," where a member in charge of a particular hiring stated rather confidently, "We want to see your AOS and AOC front and center." Naturally, this was for the context of Ph.D.s and ABDs who were looking for positions teaching, and this person's advice has been corroborated for me time and time again.

My question is more specifically for people applying to Ph.D. and Masters programs. Is it too soon for undergrads and masters students to include an AOS and AOC on their CV? Of course, the intention of including them for someone like me (applying to a Ph.D. from a masters) would not be to suggest that one is already "specialized" or "competent" in the subdisciplines listed, but rather that these are established interests toward which one hopes to further develop knowledge. However, I understand that it might not be received in that way.

My dilemma could be phrased this way:

Why to include them: Just as for the Ph.D. grad looking for a position, a listed AOS and AOC is helpful for deciding fit with a program. If an adcom sees an AOC and AOS that they feel genuinely matches their strengths, then the application gets taken more seriously.

Why not to include them: For one, your developing interests should be sufficiently sketched by your statement of purpose, not your AOS and AOC. Second, it is simply laughable for a masters student or an undergrad to be so arrogant and presumptuous as to list them. Not only do they not yet have "specialization" nor "competency" in them (at least according to doctoral standards), but this also expresses their closed-mindedness regarding any potential development in their interests.

Someone has responded to this by suggesting that I provide a list of relevant courses taken, perhaps categorized by interest. This is good advice, I think, but it still doesn't really answer my question.

If anyone has advice from experience, I would really appreciate it!