Wondering about ideological bent of PhD programs.

Hello. I'm looking to apply to more schools this year than I did last year. I'm broadening my scope by quite a bit, not giving up, but hedging my bets on the possibility of being accepted to a poetry composition PhD program.

What I'm wondering is whether or not anyone knows of a grad school (or, preferably, schools) that has a faculty whose research is mainly focused in Marxist literary theory. I know it's out of vogue right now, but it's what I like. I'm looking for departments whose research methods, research subjects, or interests are mainly Marxist.

Any help you folks can give would be great!

I'm at Cincinnati, which has CW PhD tracks and has a faculty member or two who work with Marxist theories. Though I wouldn't say that the ideological bent of the faculty as a whole is Marxist. But PM me if you want to chat more.

Duke is my dream school. If I'm being honest with myself, I don't think I have the intellectual accumen to make it there... But, I'm definitely applying! Jameson takes up quite a bit of room on my book shelf. I'm going through The Prison-House of Language right now.

I'm also really impressed by what I've read of Frank Lentricchia.

Humanities (most explicitly English) departments are bastions of Marxism: most programs worth their salt would be accommodating of a Marxist perspective at the very least.

Many people deplore the above, but I certainly don't. :P

Edited by Two Espressos