Thinking about a Professional or Non-Thesis Master's Degree

elevatemelater

Hello,

I was considering pursuing my master's in chemical engineering and was considering applying to a few of the non-thesis master's or professional master's programs in the area. However, my undergraduate GPA is low, about 2.3. I have about 3 years professional experience and my company would be willing to fund my Master's. Also, my GRE scores are 620V 780Q 4.0A. I would just like to know if anyone has any insight or personal experience with returning for a Master's after working, and having a pretty dismal undergrad GPA.

You can get more specialized education, and your company wants to fund it, sounds like a win-win situation. Your GPA is low though, and I know some programs will have minimums. The good thing is that these degree programs are typically money-makers for the university, so their requirements are more relaxed. Your GRE scores are pretty good, which could make up for the lower marks.