Online Education to Traditional Ph.D??

rupert42

I am applying to some management Ph.D programs that give 100% of admits assistantships.

Michigan State University

Washington State University

University of Arizona

I did both my BS and MS entirely online

BS in Management w/ heavy conc. in Accounting - 3.47 GPA (last 60 credits 3.58)

MS in Corporate and Organizational Communications w/ Grad Cert in Leadership - 3.8 GPA

I got my degree from Northeastern University CPS. Both programs are AACSB accreditted and I got a 695 on my GMAT. Is my strictly online education going to hurt my chances of getting into any of these schools, or am I still a competitive candidate? I have looked around trying to find some info on this, but to no avail, I have found nothing.

Other information:

2 years experience with direct reports.

I own my own business.

Lots of community service and volunteer work.

First in my family to go to college.

White Male 25 yo.

LinkIn Page if it will help.......

http://www.linkedin.com/in/robbrooks13

Opinions or experience?

Thanks for the help!

• 1 year later...

All PhD Management programs provide 100% funding for their doctoral students. I'm pretty sure this is the case for all other business PhD's as well.

As for your online education, Northeastern is a recognized brand, however the question is does your diploma or transcripts somehow denote that you are from an "online" program? If not, you have nothing to worry about.

Also, I'm not sure what concentration you are applying for, but I am management concentration and the three schools you are looking at are sort of far apart in terms of rankings. You may want to refine your list of schools a bit more.

If your GPA and GMAT is competitive, the next thing to get you into a program is your research interests, and convincing the committee that you have thought hard about your decision to pursue a Phd, why you want to do it, why you would succeed, and lastly have strong letters that attest to your ability and dedication to complete a program.

Hope it helps, best of luck.