Clinical PhD aplications for Fall 2012?

crunchygum

• 3 weeks later...

It really is an awesome feeling, isn't it? Where did you apply to?

My final list came out to 11:

Duke

University of Miami

Virginia Commonwealth University

University of Pittsburgh

University of South Florida

University of Arkansas

UT Austin

UVA

University of Pennsylvania

Arizona State University

Penn State University

I applied to:

Duke

UNC Chapel Hill

Vanderbilt

University of Kentucky

Georgia State

Emory

University of Florida

University of South Florida

University of Miami

University of California San Diego/San Diego State Joint Program

Now let's all do some yoga.

I applied to a mix bag of psych PhD programs in mostly clinical, but a few in developmental, school, etc. I applied mainly based on the faculty members' research interests, which is why it worked out to be those different types of programs.

In terms of clinical programs... what's the interview and/or admissions decision time frame? Do most clinical programs do interviews then make decisions, or is it the opposite way around?

I ask because I applied to a joint program in child/school psych at U of Minnesota, and the school psych program does interviews THEN decisions, but the developmental program does decisions THEN interviews. I called them because of the confusion when I get an email from one program inviting me for an interview, and then an email from the other saying they will begin reviewing applications soon and that is what each program told me. I figured I'd get invited for an interview to both, but I guess this isn't the case.

If anyone has any idea, please let me know. Or, if it's totally a mixed game, a heads up on that would be appreciated too!

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Yoga sounds awesome! I'm reapplying to Clinical (and one Counseling) programs this year, so my list is pretty long:

SDSU/UCSD Joint Doctoral Program

South Florida

Pittsburgh

Drexel

UMass Boston

Connecticut

Miami (Ohio)

Northwestern

Loyola Chicago

George Mason

Vermont

Fordham

Virginia

West Virginia

Columbia Teacher's College

Vanderbilt

Rutgers

PGSP (Palo Alto) (JD-PhD)

Nebraska-Lincoln (JD-PhD)

Arizona (JD-PhD)

NYU (Counseling)

It hasn't been cheap. But hopefully this time I'll get good news and won't look back!

Do any of you have interesting information about these programs by any chance?

Also, what are you doing to relax (as opposed to religiously roaming through gradcafe and SDN)?

I am a research analyst at Vanderbilt (also applied there), and I was told by the director (Jo-Anne Bachorowski) that interview invitations for the PhD usually go out by the end of the second week in January. I know they haven't gone out yet.

I know for Duke invitations go out "mid-January".

Hope that helps!

Hm, well I received an invitation for an interview from Penn State last night, which was pretty shocking, I wasn't expecting anything to come through this soon, so it seems that anytime now word could be going out in the next week or two.

Very exciting, and very nerve-racking!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2012 at 8:32 PM, wsupsych said:

Have you heard anything from WUSTL? I only got an e-mail letting me know that my application materials were forwarded to the department.

Sorry for the delayed response! No I haven't heard back from them yet.

On 1/2/2012 at 3:38 PM, Natalie Anne said:

I am a research analyst at Vanderbilt (also applied there), and I was told by the director (Jo-Anne Bachorowski) that interview invitations for the PhD usually go out by the end of the second week in January. I know they haven't gone out yet.

I know for Duke invitations go out "mid-January".

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the heads up! Since this is late, I'm wondering if you know if Vanderbilt still has more invites to extend? I heard about only one or two people on SDN getting an invite.