Texas Tech HSC phone interview

capnzzz

Hello, I have applied for Texas tech's USHC speech language pathology masters program. I was contacted back for a in person/teleconference interview. I opted for the teleconference interview as I cant make it down in person. My cumulative/major GPA is good 3.8> and I scored 530 verbal and 590 math on the GRE, which is above their accepted average applicant rate. Anyone have experience with Texas Tech's interview process? Aside from preparing for some possible questions that may arise, any other advice? How good do you think my chances are of being accepted if the interview goes well? I know these are vague questions but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ryan

Although I do not know anything about the Speech program at Texas Tech, I recently appeared for an interview via Skype for a grad. SLP program and I got to admit, the questions were very simple and straightforward.

More specifically,

1. Why Speech Language Pathology? (because I'm changing streams)

2. Why XXX College/University?

3. Why the grad. SLP program at XXX College/University? (kinda ties with the previous question)

4. How do you see yourself fit into the program followed up with how do you manage stress?

5. Any questions from my side.

Despite what you may hear from other folks or even posts on this forum about being confident and putting your game face on and what not lol, I think it helps to just be yourself and treat the interview like any other productive conversation.

If you have a story to tell or would want the committee to know something which you haven't mentioned in your SOP, take the time to do so!

Are you a guy entering SLP? If so, that's great! We don't have too many of us in this profession.

Best of Luck!!

Hey Decaf, thanks for the reply..Yes I am a male doing my best to enter this profession. While I dont mind the female company at times, my undergrad classes thus far have been like 99% female..a bit intimidating at times lol :)