Do I have a chance

bauhaus

Dear all,

I just discovered this forum, and i already gathered a number of useful information. However,

i am still kind of unsure about the my chances. I would be extremely greatful for any feedback.

MY PROFILE:

Type of Undergrad: BA in Applied Economics (an unknown state university in Central Eastern Europe)

Undergrad GPA: Econ: 4.58/5

Type of Grad: MA Economics (in a regionally known private university in CEE )

Undergrad GPA: Econ: 3.59

GRE: 790Q, 640V, 4.5 AW

Math Courses: Multivariate Calculus (2 semesters), Dynamic Sytems-- both with not-so-nice grades

Stats Courses (grad): Econometrics I, II, Intermediate, Advanced I, II - the whole PHD sequence offered by the Econ dept. (all A-s except for Advanced I with B)

Econ Courses (grad): Pretty much everything (Micro I,II, Macro I,II, Trade) with mostly A-s

Pol sci. Courses (grad): Voting behavior (A), Political Economics (A), Positive political Theory (A), Pol Psychology (pending)

Letters of Recommendation: One from a fairly well known Econometrics Prof (was my supervisor, phd Michigan) one from a senior pol sci professor (I tokk two corses with him) and one assistant prof (fairly strong LOR)- they all have supposedly good connections

Research Experience: Junior researcher for two projects kind of unrelated to my interests in the major Research Institute in my country, one publication in a local peer reviewed paper, a Revise and Resubmit at Electoral Studies, some other research papers with respective conference talks, member of a university based research group in pol behavior

Teaching Experience: Some TA- in undergrad, adjunct lecturer in a local business school for 2 years (teaching economics)

Research Interests: Political Economy, Political Behavior (and Pol Psychology), Quant Methods

Applying to: NYU, Princeton, Stanford, Berkeley, Yale, Harvard, and MIT for Polsci and Stanford GSB, Harvard KSG for PolEcon Phd + Caltech Social Sciences as a bonus

How far fetched these plans are? What schools should i include?

thanks a lot !!!

What? Why would you include Hopkins on that list? Columbia and (less so) Brown make sense, but why Hopkins?

Bauhaus seems like someone applying to only IVY leagues so I wanted to politely remind her of the other schools so she could apply there too lol. I'm a scientist...I know alittle more than a 7yr old when it comes to picking out schools that have good pol science departments.

I saw an incomplete list and tried to complete it ...I didnt plan on making sense...lol

What kinds of schools do you suggest? I m searching for safety options that have faculty & course concentration in methods and/or pol econ and/or behavior...

Aso, i d prefer a uni situated in a larger city...

Any ideas?