Do professors writing a LOR for the same applicant sometimes share information about the applicant with each other?

Regarding the first question, there is a possibility of that happening if the professors are in the same dept/university and it comes up in a conversation somehow. Not really otherwise. Regarding your second question, why do you want them to share information with each other? What specific motive do you have in mind in doing so?

While recommenders want you to succeed probably they have a lot of things to worry about. I do not really think that specific recommendations come up between them. You can mention that you asked recommendatiion from this other person(as a piece of information, so they know how you strategize) but even then I do not think that they will talk about you. If they have been writing recommendations for a while this is really not a big problem, they will know what to do...

You can definitely ask your recommenders to touch on certain aspects that may be unique to your relationship. For example, I have worked on research with all three of my recommenders and knew they would have no problem talking about me in a research context. However, I am applying to clinical psychology programs and although research is very important, you also need to be able to work effectively with clients and in general, be personable.

I asked one of my recommenders to touch on some of my clinical strengths since she oversaw one of my internships and had notes about my ability to work with clients and run group therapy. In addition, I did clinical interviews for her research and one of the women I interviewed actually contacted my recommender to talk about how she felt I was a great listener and that she could be open with me. I think these are great things to include in a LOR so I asked my recommender that although a lot of my work with her has been research focused, would she mind including these examples of my clinical abilities.

If you have experience writing grants or manuscripts, etc. you can ask your recommender to talk about those skills. Every relationship and every letter is going to be different but you can definitely mention something you want included. You're not writing your own letter and they definitely don't have to take your suggestions, but I feel it's not taboo.