What exacly means "Faculty member LoR"?

EASC

Currently I held a Master's degree in electrical engineering. I obtained the Bachelor's degree from the same school. I am applying to PhD programs, having excellent references from advisers and supervisors in research, who are also faculty in different departments and/or at other schools. However, I have not taken a single class with any them. The professors of all my classes never get to know me well. However, there is my adviser from my senior design project as undergrad who is willing to write me a LOR but never took any course with him at the master level. There is a professor who took two courses with at the master level but he cannot tell anything else beyond I did great in the courses and how hard those courses were.

On the other hand, my other references (faculty but never took a course with them), can talk about me because they know me very well for my research.

So my question pretty much is if by "faculty members from the last school that you attended full time" means a professor who taught a course to you, or any professor who belongs to that school who know you very well?

Should I go with 2 recommenders who know me very well and one from a course who can only say that I did well and get an A? If so, should I pick the undergrad adviser for senior design or the professors for the two master-level courses?

Do you have any other recommendation on this?