Anyone else having problems with NYU/Embark?

NYU's deadline is tomorrow. I can't upload my transcript to their app and have been trying different things for several days. The embark system keeps timing out. Judging by the embark support site, it seems as though this is an ongoing problem. Their site also claims that they are so backlogged with support requests that it will take a while to get a response. I emailed them on Monday and am still waiting. I am not even sure if my other materials have been properly uploaded either as after I upload them I get a message saying: "To view your document in PDF format, click the "Preview" button above." Problem is, no "preview" button appears.

It really blows my mind how cheap and faulty some of these application systems are.

Edited by zwat

I just applied using firefox. It works, but it definitely takes a few tries.

Sometimes, when the program "times out" while loading a document, if you log out and log back in, you can see by clicking on "preview" that the document did in fact load.

Edited by Grunty DaGnome

Take note, the "Preview" button is not very intuitively placed. At first I thought "there's no preview button, what is it talking about?" but then I realized it was in the upper right corner of the screen. I think the browser I was using was Chrome, and it worked fine for me yesterday. (Fingers crossed that I won't have issues uploading my SOP and WS)

I'm experiencing this problem, also. There is an absurd yellow box telling me that I have to wait to upload documents and, when I attempt to, it just keeps "processing" until it times out. Has anyone encountered a secret solution to this? - I've tried firefox and explorer. Mac and PC. Totally frustrating. cc.

Don't worry; just ignore the yellow box and upload each document anyway. If you follow Grunty Da Gnome's and ecritdansleau's instructions you'll be fine. I should know because I've just submitted my app. (yay!). Anyway, if even after logging back in your document still doesn't show up on the "preview" window, go ahead and work on something else for a bit and come back to the application later. I did that when my SoP refused to load...

Edited by takethiswaltz