Need for Advice Phd applications

m_samci

Hello folks I am new here and I am trying to find help about my Phd applications, because I know very little about these and I am really confused.Any guiding will be valuable for me, so regarding to my profile here I am expecting your suggestions:

Major:Mathematics,

School:Top Turkish school

Applying to:Economics Phd in USA

CGPA:3.65

Major(Math) GPA:3.88

TOEFL:103

GRE Verbal:154 percentile:64

Gre quant:166 percentile 94

Analytical Writing:3.0 percentile 11(I did not know this was important)

References:A good Math professor, an unknown Econ Phd instructor, another good Math professor, none of them well-known.

My math grades are all good (for example Real Analysis A+),but I just have Microeconomic Theory1-2(A,A-) and Game theory as economics courses.

Which range do you think I should apply to, top 20-30? top10-20, top 40-50?, I do not have an idea, although I know I will not be accepted to Harvard, MIT or Stanford.I need to know this because I am in short of money and I can apply at most 10 or so schools.

Thanks a lot for attention.

OK, I did not know that there is such an allergy about "what are my chances questions", but you should understand me that I am a person who is really in an urgent need to get some help.People around me have very little information and I am getting contradictory responses to my questions.My friends and family do not even have an idea about what I am doing.And since I am also ignorant about such things the suspicion that I might be missing great chances and opportunities (I have already missed some deadlines) really disturbes me.Full of doubts about my eligibility and sufficiency to be accepted to a good place I did not initiate any applications so far, and I will apparently give up trying because my family do not have money(I will have to borrow) to waste on unclear things.

So come on, please tell something.

I know nothing about Econ PhDs and overall the Econ forum seems rather quiet, so that's why people might be hesitant to respond. With a limited knowledge of Econ, take this with a grain of salt. While you have good grades and a good math background, 3 econ classes seems a bit thin. Also, if you haven't put together the necessary application materials yet, then it seems a bit late to do so now. You might want to gather information, contact people at various schools, and apply next year. Although obviously I don't know your exact situation.

I know nothing about Econ PhDs and overall the Econ forum seems rather quiet, so that's why people might be hesitant to respond. With a limited knowledge of Econ, take this with a grain of salt. While you have good grades and a good math background, 3 econ classes seems a bit thin. Also, if you haven't put together the necessary application materials yet, then it seems a bit late to do so now. You might want to gather information, contact people at various schools, and apply next year. Although obviously I don't know your exact situation.

Thank you gentleman.