princeton called about missing writing sample

tryffelgris

freaked me out. said that what they have is an "essay" not a writing sample. i'm pretty sure i sent them my undergraduate thesis, and if that's not a real writing sample in their eyes, i'm clearly screwed. the secretary told me that i needed to email it to them THAT day. i re-sent my thesis and was told that that was what they needed. which makes me think they didn't have the right paper to begin with, but for the life of my i can't figure out what they actually had.

i guess this means that they're reviewing now, since the secretary said that what the "committee has in front of them is an essay." (whatever the hell that means???).

guess i'll keep twiddling my thumbs and panicking whenever the phone rings. a truly sad state...

yeah, maybe i uploaded that twice or some other mix-up. a bit unnerving no matter how you look it, though.

also, i'm fairly certain that i'm addicted to this forum.

I think we all are.

At least Princeton were nice enough to call, instead of throwing the application into the rejected pile... I'm sure she meant that they had the personal essay/statement of purpose twice or something, because many people use their theses as writing samples. Anyway - thanks for posting this! It's good to know that they're already reviewing applications.

Good luck!

When uploading my application materials to Princeton, I distinctly remember the system messing up my uploaded information. After uploading all documents, I noticed that one of the files were missing (I don't remember if it is the writing sample or CV). I noticed it while previewing my application. I sent an email to Tech support; I also deleted all my files and then uploaded them before I got all my materials in the system! Perhaps, something similar happened to your application.

When uploading my application materials to Princeton, I distinctly remember the system messing up my uploaded information. After uploading all documents, I noticed that one of the files were missing (I don't remember if it is the writing sample or CV). I noticed it while previewing my application. I sent an email to Tech support; I also deleted all my files and then uploaded them before I got all my materials in the system! Perhaps, something similar happened to your application.

It's a terrible system. It saves all of the documents you uploaded in all the applications you use it for (Harvard, Princeton, etc.) and if you're not careful you can accidentally attach the wrong SOP to your application. I almost sent the wrong SOP to Princeton because of that.