Need all ur help very much pls help me???

vishal.973s

Hi all,

I need your help and suggestions very much as I am confused what to do.Please help me with the below:

1)For the new pattern of GRE what is good score to get in good universities(scholarship and placements)?

2) In general how much time will it take for preparation to get good score

3)Does applying for MS after 3 years of experience a bad choice? how it will effect my carrier. i.e, I have 1.6 years experience in datawarehousing(cognos reporting) now and if i write GRE in september of this year(2012) and apply for 2013 fall(it will be 3 years exp at this point for me) will it be too late study MS or will it be a good option for having a good carrier.

I have experience in Datawarehousing(Cognos reporting in HSBC).

1. It's hard to say, however, there's a concordance table on the ETS website http://www.ets.org/s/gre/pdf/gre_guide.pdf. I guess you can get an idea with the new score compared with the old ones. And then you can check the mean or range of the GRE scores at different programs.

2. It depends on your current level. Some one even needs no preparation for a decent score.

3. not sure, pros and cons, which is greater?

1) This is an interesting question. What do you mean by "good school"? For some, this means an Ivy League or a school with an immensely high reputation; for others, a "good school" may not be the most prestigious overall, but one that has a very distinguished program for their particular field of study. Others define "good school" as a school which simply matches their research interests well. I think what's important is that you define for yourself what "good school" means, and then go to the websites of those schools, since required and preferred scores can vary from school to school and from discipline to discipline. Many program websites list minimum requirements and/or the average GRE scores of accepted students over the years, which is helpful.

2) Again, this is something you are going to have to define for yourself. I would, at the very least, advise you to become familiar with the format of the test and what the questions will look like. There are a number of resources (such as Barron's GRE Prep Book) which can help you familiarize yourself with the specific format of the GRE and provide you with sample questions. How far you will have to go BEYOND familiarity is going to be up to you.

3) I have to go with what newlbs said on this one. Write a pros and cons list and figure out which one will work best for you. I unfortunately do not have any experience in your field, so it would be ill-advised for me to direct you either way.