When do they notify for International Students

rdrdrd

I have no idea. It could take longer if they notify by snail mail, just because it'll take longer for the paper to get to you. Might take longer to get the official admit from the grad school after unofficial acceptance by dept, if they want to evaluate/verify the degree.

I am pretty sure that there is a difference at least in the case of some programs. I know that UMichigan (PIBS) has notified american students already, and after that I received an e-mail from them saying that they are looking at my application (i'm international) and that I should expect to hear back before March 8th. On the other hand, I know that MIT sends out interview invitations to all the students they are interested in, international or not, at the same time. I'm sure that some programs will have a similar strategy to Michigan and some to MIT.

BTW: We have a thread especially for Biology PhD applicants going in the Life Sciences sub-forum.

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=14555

I'm worrying about the same thing right now. I am going travelling for a few weeks in mid-February (bad time to be doing this sort of thing, no?) and I am terrified my parents are going to throw away the all important bits of paper that come through the post box. Or even worse, I get sent a late offer by post that arrives some time in 2011.

I am living outside of the US and I simply notified my schools that there is a significant mailing delay at my address and I would appreciate receiving any urgent communications via email or fax. They seemed fine with that.

However, I am still waiting for replies from all my schools. So I can't say if this approach was effective or not!