Follow-Ups?

nopm

FOUR QUESTIONS:

1) I mailed in my material on January 12 and still have not heard anything back - don't they usually send out acknowledgements when they receive the material?

2) If I mailed my stuff on January 12, and the university has rolling admissions, when should I expect a decision?

3) One of my schools said my transcripts and bank statement did not arrive. I e-mailed them confirming this and they never responded to my e-mail. So, I just re-mailed the material. Is this acceptable?

4) All of my mail was sent by "regular air mail," (I didn't send registered mail). OK?

FOUR QUESTIONS:

1) I mailed in my material on January 12 and still have not heard anything back - don't they usually send out acknowledgements when they receive the material?

2) If I mailed my stuff on January 12, and the university has rolling admissions, when should I expect a decision?

3) One of my schools said my transcripts and bank statement did not arrive. I e-mailed them confirming this and they never responded to my e-mail. So, I just re-mailed the material. Is this acceptable?

4) All of my mail was sent by "regular air mail," (I didn't send registered mail). OK?

1. It depends on the program. Some do, others do not. If you had tracking on your packages, you can make sure that they at least arrived. Only three out of eight of my departments emailed me to confirm receipt, but I had tracking on the packages, so I know they got there. If they are missing something, they'll probably let you know.

2. No way to know. Depends on your field and the department. Use the results search to see if you can get any data about when your programs notify.

3. I think that's probably fine. You were going off the last information you had from them. It definitely can't hurt.

4. Well, it's fine, except you won't be able to know when and if your packages arrive. I'm sure they won't hold it against you.