Chicago Acceptance?

sociology27

The only thing I got from U of Chicago today was an email invitation to apply for FLAS funding. It was addressed "Dear Applicant."

Me too and I checked it from my phone so the preview just said "I'd like to call..."

My initial reaction was :lol: and then I opened the email and went :mellow:

@TSISV hahahaha - same thing happened to me when I saw the e-mail from them - then realized it was fellowship info.

Weird how there are two supposed acceptances on the board, and neither one is claiming them here. It seems that at least one of them applied super early (they waive the fee if you apply before Nov 15.) Maybe this is their version of early action and they are doing an early round of acceptances for those that applied early? Or maybe just one advisor who might be gone/out of the country this quarter and wants to do her/his admit stuff as early as possible.

OK - so I am thinking that we got punked with this... unless someone would like to step up and claim the U of C acceptance I am under the inclination that someone was just playing a prank on the board. Oddly too, there is now only just one acceptance on the board, not 2... one of them got deleted. I realized after looking at the post on acceptance dates, that Chicago acceptances are normally mid-March.. their apps were also due Dec 10... so somehow, a top program was able to come to agreement out of hundreds of applications in 3 weeks during the holidays/end of semester to admit a small part of their incoming class on Jan 3. Seems really fishy to me. Especially since we haven't heard more acceptances or from the person claiming the admit. Bueller? Bueller?