a month after the deadline and recommender still hasn't submitted any letter

So I'm applying to 11 history MA and PhD programs (a lot I know) and my first deadline (UCSB) was December 5. Since then six more school's deadlines have passed. My first two recommenders have done all their letters with plenty of time to spare. But my third recommender still hasn't. I sent her multiple reminder emails leading up to each deadline. On December 12, she promised to do them that night. She didn't and so I continued to email her over the holidays. Finally on January 2, she responded to my emails, apologizing profusely for not responding sooner. She gave me her cell phone, home phone and office number and told me she would do them ASAP when she got into her office the next day. To make a long story short, she didn't submit any. I've called each number multiple times and left 10+ voicemails and have yet to hear from her.

I've spoken with the Graduate Program Assistant at UCSB and was told that my application is in the queue to be reviewed, but to "Please have Dr. XXXXX send it in as soon as possible. The first round of decisions will be made soon but, there is still time if it can be submitted in the next few days."

I've started emailing other professors, but the problem I'm running into is that I took a lot of my major courses with two of the same professors, both of whom are already recommenders. At this point does it matter who writes it? Could I ask a professor from a non-major elective to write? I'm tempted to ask my supervisor from an internship I had my senior year, just because I know they would do it tonight.

Please help. I'm completely distraught over the entire thing. I've spend hundreds of dollars on these applications and as of right now, I'm worried it could all be a waste if I don't get a third letter.

Yikes, that's extremely unprofessional of her. A couple of weeks I understand, but a month??

For the deadlines that are more than two weeks old, I would suggest you immediately find another professor/supervisor/person to write something for you. I think a non-major professor is completely fine, provided you did well in their class. Who knows, it might even help you--well-rounded and all that.

At this point I think you need to have something to serve as a third letter. As long as your other two letters are strong, the third shouldn't matter so much as long as you actually do have a third.

Sorry this is happening to you!! It's so frustrating that she would lead you on for so long that there's hardly any time left to find someone else.