transfer for lack of money...

Mike Kerkado

Hi all!

please help...I just finished my 1st semester MPH at NYMC (online and no GRE) and I dont qualify for student loans...I live in NC and would like to know if there is a way to transfer out of there without the GRE...any cheaper school???I cant find scholarships either!...

Im confused right know as I just discovered I wont be able to study this semester ...because of lack of $...

a word of advice anyone???

thanks!

ecoexplorer

I don't know of any accredited programs that accept MPH students without a GRE score unless they are in a five-year BS/MPH program. You could try transfering to a school that has a general public health certificate program (or other certificate of your interest), take the GRE before the summer, and then transfer into that school full-time and transfer the certificate credits towards your MPH.

• 3 months later...

I agree with twizzler86. I think you should definitely take the GRE--just spend a month or so studying. You might even be able to spend less time. You don't need a stellar score to get into top PH programs, as long as you have other credentials that make up for it. If you are in NC, you could try applying to UNC-Chapel Hill. In-state tuition + great program.