memorable moments

litjust

My girlfriend made me wait until my applications were finished to get Skryim. The upside is, she offered to get it for me. So on December 14th at 8:30pm, I finished and sent in the last of four applications, and said "get your coat, we can make it to GameStop before it closes." And now I have an awesome distraction from the waiting.

I've finished the main quest during my applications. Just had to. :D

My girlfriend made me wait until my applications were finished to get Skryim. The upside is, she offered to get it for me. So on December 14th at 8:30pm, I finished and sent in the last of four applications, and said "get your coat, we can make it to GameStop before it closes." And now I have an awesome distraction from the waiting.

Excellent! Not a huge gamer myself, but I loved Oblivion and love Skyrim. A perfect winter distraction for many months. The only problem is that I now vacillate between nightmares about rejections and the Falmer (for the uninitiated, see this).

I was very pleased to get in contact with a former professor who happens to hold a high position in government now. It took 3 levels of communication to reach him thanks to the labyrinth known as bureaucracy and I was expecting to have an exceptionally difficult time. While LORs are important to us, it probably ranked very low on the priority scale for a government official. I'm beyond grateful it worked out and appreciated the effort of his staff.

Memorable applications moments include:

I signed up to retake the GRE and then panicked, convincing myself I had wasted my money, would do even worse this time, and should just skip the whole thing. I called my best friend 2 hours before the test to confirm this plan with her, and she talked me into taking the test. I showered, rode my bike at top speed to the testing center, and wound up with a nearly perfect verbal score. Huzzah. There's a lesson for self doubt.

Edited by rainy_day

At the tail end of application season (at this point I was in a flurry of corrections), not only did our QB win the Heisman but my parents were able to come down to see my last game ever, and my bears went to and won the Alamo Bowl! It made the final stage of corrections and submitting much better, even if I was still a neurotic mess the whole time.

For the record, I really don't care about football, especially now that I'm not forced to sit 15 feet from the sidelines every game.

Edited by GreenePony