Waiting to hear back - MFA in Photography

faech

Whoa mama...I had no idea that it would be so pricey...guess I dodged a spendy spendy bullet. hahah. UNL Is alright...it will be great to help build a program from, well, nothing. But i'm still holding out hope that I'll get into one of the other programs that are a bit more established. :-) But in the end...I'm going to school this fall....even if it is lil' ol' Nebraskey. :D hehee.

Whoa mama...I had no idea that it would be so pricey...guess I dodged a spendy spendy bullet. hahah. UNL Is alright...it will be great to help build a program from, well, nothing. But i'm still holding out hope that I'll get into one of the other programs that are a bit more established. :-) But in the end...I'm going to school this fall....even if it is lil' ol' Nebraskey. :D hehee.

You're gonna have ta learn ta shuck corn. :)

So I just called Columbia College because I was told letters were sent out Friday, Feb. 24 and I still hadn't received mine so I thought it was lost in the mail or something. Come to find out they sent out TWO BATCHES of letters and the second batch went out yesterday. My letter was in the second batch.

So now I get to chew on what it means to be in the SECOND batch. Rejection? Acceptance? Does it mean anything at all? Maybe they divided them up by zip code? Who knows.

Torture. At least it'll be hear soon.

You're gonna have ta learn ta shuck corn. :)

hahah right?! I move out here a year ago from Oregon...I miss the coast...a lot. Nebraska isn't my thing really, but the professor at UNL is stoked to have a technical guy to help build things up there. Plus I have a house here that allows me to do tons of crazy stuff that I wouldn't be able to do in an apartment. :) Although...I'm still holding out hope that I will get in someplace else. I got the Nasty Rejection Email of Doom from University of Washington today...so it's looking progressively worse for moving...but at least..I get...to go...to school...this fall. That's what gets me through. :)

So... I was accepted to #4 ranked Cranbrook and rejected from #106 ranked Tulane which makes me laugh. This process is pretty subjective. :) This result also tells me that there is really no such thing as a "safety school." Safety is in number of applications to a variety of schools.

If you didn't get in this year, the lesson learned is - apply to top, middel, and bottom ranked schools - and as many as you can afford because there is no rhyme or reason to this process.

So... I was accepted to #4 ranked Cranbrook and rejected from #106 ranked Tulane which makes me laugh. This process is pretty subjective. :) This result also tells me that there is really no such thing as a "safety school." Safety is in number of applications to a variety of schools.

If you didn't get in this year, the lesson learned is - apply to top, middel, and bottom ranked schools - and as many as you can afford because there is no rhyme or reason to this process.

Also, Tulane only has (had) two spaces for photo!

Also, Tulane only has (had) two spaces for photo!

Yes. Many of the lower ranked programs people often pick as "safety" schools, are also smaller programs with fewer openings. While they get fewer applicants than a big program, they may be just as selective having fewer spots to fill.