A problem with recommendation letters

xeon123

I work on research in a faculty, and I want to apply to a job in another faculty, but they demand 2 recommendation letters. But I don't want that my advisors know anything about my submission, because I'm afraid to suffer retaliation from them. I'm afraid that they think that I'm unmotivated, and start to exclude me from the duties that I have.

1 - The recommendations letters must be always from professors?

2 - What to do, when a person don't want to send them?

Thanks,

But, the professors can talk to each other. That's my problem. That's I don't like letter of recommendation. I think that they can sabotage a researcher career.

You've got a really warped view of the whole process. A letter of recommendation is a letter of endorsement from your professors. They are on your side. At least that's how it should be. You aren't helping yourself by keeping them in the dark. For one, if they don't know about the program/job you are applying to, they won't be able to write the letters in the right context. That is a serious disadvantage. And even if you manage to get them to write the letters somehow without disclosing your intentions, you'll end up burning bridges later, which is a bad idea. So if you must ask these people, be honest about your plans. Changing the department/discipline etc. isn't a crime and you aren't the first person to do it. Just be polite and diplomatic about it. Besides, getting recommendations from professors isn't a hard rule. You should explore other options too if the situation seems very sticky.

Why don't you just sit down with them and tell them about your situation? Be nice, honest and upfront about it, tell them that your experience in their department is great and greatly helpful to you, but you've just seen this other department's offer that ties in nicely with your research and therefore, you'd like to apply there to see if you have a shot. If you're a good candidate, chances are that they'll write you good LORs. I think it's usually best to be honest about these things.