New York City Graduate Schools in Biological Sciences

crc0002

So I've been in the South my whole life and I feel that it's time for a change in scenery. I want to go to graduate school (Ph.D) in New York City. I was wondering if anyone knew of a place where I could look up average GRE and GPA scores for schools like NYU Sackler, Yeshiva University/Albert Einstein, Mount Sinai, Columbia, and Weill Cornell. Info on any and all of these schools would be appreciated.

My GPA is 3.01 and my GRE score is 1320. I have excellent EC's and my personal statement was a work in progress for about two and a half years. I know Columbia and Cornell are definitely reach schools, but I'm applying just to say that I tried. I was wondering what you guys thought my chances are at the rest of those schools. Don't be afraid to be honest.

You're going to have to visit each program's website and see if they mention anything about average stats for previous incoming classes. Very often they do, especially in the FAQ sections. However, if not, don't be afraid to call the program and ask. There is no "place" that outright reports these statistics in a nice list for you. It's best to get this information straight from the source.

Edited by spew