Has an email informing you of a decision ever gone into the spam folder?

InquilineKea

I check all the time anyway, but usually skim through pretty quickly. Sometimes newsletters I subscribe to end up in there, so I need to rewrite my filter rules. I've been checking a lot more carefully lately. I subscribe to Harvard Business Review (so I get stuff I care about), get a lot of Harvard spam (to pay for packs of articles I can already access for free individually), and applied to Harvard Business School (haven't heard anything yet) - so I'm very paranoid.

never used to check my spam folder until i saw this thread...

now i check it as often as i check everything else.

some of the spam i've been getting is totally gross! HAHA *delete forever

and of cours,e nothing useful in that folder thus far..

haha that was a hilarious post

Edited by InquilineKea

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I use my university email account for this kind of thing, so I would hope that any emails from official domains such as utoronto.ca or ualberta.ca, etc. would be excluded from the spam filter. Either way, I've now got one more thing to keep checking!

A lot of the electronic requests for lors went to my profs' spam accounts, so you probably do want to keep tabs. :blink:

A lot of the electronic requests for lors went to my profs' spam accounts, so you probably do want to keep tabs. :blink:

I just checked, and apparently in our spam filter there's an option to disable it entirely. It might be worth checking into it on your end as well. I go to the U of Windsor.

Yes, I definitely checked my spam folder. While there were no decisions, there was a notification of payment from one of my schools. It's enough to keep me checking!

Edited by Julianne Pigoon

I just checked, and apparently in our spam filter there's an option to disable it entirely. It might be worth checking into it on your end as well. I go to the U of Windsor.

Haha, I'd be careful about turning it off. I've been checking my spam folder, and most of it is stuff I definitely don't want to be receiving in my inbox...