Answering questions about Harris

xnormajeanx

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To add, I must say I am impressed with the Director of Admissions at Chicago. Although I probably would have sent out an e-mail to all applicants notifying that decisions would be a few days after the announced date, she's obviously working hard to get decisions out as soon as she can. I think she just needs some more bodies around the office to get work done.

No I haven't decided yet. Whenever I receive my admissions packet from Princeton (I'm terrified of it getting lost in international mail), I'll probably decline my offers to CMU and Fletcher. Both are great schools, and both offered generous scholarships, but they just can't compete financially with Chicago or Princeton.

Good luck... I'm sure you'll hear tomorrow.

In with 21k...glad to finally hear from them. Wish I got the same love as the first two admits in this thread though! :-P

Congratulations!

As it would appear the funding packages seem to be diminishing throughout the course of the day I think as does the probability of my admittance/full tuition package. :wink:

Congrats to all those admitted so far!

My letter says, "Specific information detailing the conditions of your award for the coming year and fellowship renewal procedures for future years can be found on the enclosed Aid Agreement."

My attachments are the OntheMappFlyer, Planning Guide, and a pdf of the letter with my last name as the file name.

I can't seem to find an Aid Agreement in the materials I have. Has anyone else? Am I overlooking it?

Any other acceptances? I'm just waiting for a rejection email now. Oh well.

Dagger-- have you heard anything?

Nothing. No idea what the hold up is. However, judging from the results page, it does appear that no new acceptance/rejections have gone out today. I was genuinely excited yesterday about the prospect of an admission and a decent financial package but today I'm rather pessimistic about my prospects. In all likelihood, more admittances will go out today, but I question the level of funding. No funding would make Chicago too unaffordable.

Let me know what you hear.

Dear xnormajeanx

I wanted some information on the 1 year MA course. I applied for this since I already have a MBA.

Do students of the 1 year course take the same classes as MPP students? Is it just a condensed form of the MPP course? So will the fees also be considerably less?

What about recognition of this course? is it on par with the MPP?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thx!

I've received my admission with $21K.

Kind of confused on the total expenses posted in Harris website, does it cost $56k in total for a year? Why so expensive?

I'm in the same boat, lymhelen. I love the program, but 21K/year scholarship still means 35K/year out of pocket. I can't afford that.