Materials Science 2009

tmoss

Has anyone heard from schools yet?

I have yet to hear anything, but a friend has been told she was accepted to UCSB, UCSD, UCBerkeley, Stanford. These were unofficial notifications by email, no real offer letter.

I applied to MIT, UMich, Northwestern, UCBerkeley, UCSB, and Stanford.

Does anyone know much at Berkeley's MSE department? I got in there and have been in contact with several profs, but it would be nice to hear a student perspective.

I really don't know much about the school or the department. Just found out I was declined from Stanford, so I guess that narrows my options a little bit.

I just posted my application stats here, but to sum it up, I've applied to physics and mat. sci. phd programs. I've gotten into Northwestern and Colorado School of Mines (both mat. sci.), and I haven't heard from MIT.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone who got admit from Ohio State University (columbus) first round offer.. can u please tell me what is the deadline of acceptance? Actually my file is shifted for review in second round.. so just speculating when will i receive next update on my file....

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I am an international applicant from India with my undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering and Chemistry and I've applied to the following schools for an MS in Materials Science and Engineering, Fall 2009:

1. The Ohio State University - I've been waitlisted, and have been informed that 16 applicants offered admission in the first round have yet to confirm a decision, following which my application will be considered.

2. University of Florida - No final decision yet; a reply to a mail I sent regarding a timeline for a decision said that decisions are announced as they are received from the admissions committee and that they wouldn't correspond further until a final decision was made (no approximate date was given though.)

3. University of Virginia - No news at all; I haven't gotten any replies to repeated emails either.

In addition to the above, I have applied to the Chemical Engineering department at Case Western Reserve University as well, since they have a good amount of ongoing research on corrosion and electrochemistry. I have yet to hear from them as well, despite repeated emails.

Has anyone heard positively from the above schools? Also, how long should I wait till I give up hope?

Growing insaner by the day,

Jay

Has anyone heard from Texas Materials Institute at UT Austin? They sent me an email long ago, in mid Feb, saying that the grad committee has begun reviewing my file and they expect decisions to be made by March. After that no update about my application. I saw one admit on April 15th, in this cafe. After that i have not heard anything. Can anyone please tell me about the school? Whether u've seen decisions?

Has anyone heard from Texas Materials Institute at UT Austin? They sent me an email long ago, in mid Feb, saying that the grad committee has begun reviewing my file and they expect decisions to be made by March. After that no update about my application. I saw one admit on April 15th, in this cafe. After that i have not heard anything. Can anyone please tell me about the school? Whether u've seen decisions?

Have you sent a follow-up email yet? If not, you should do so.

• 2 weeks later...