Ohio State?

burgundykitten

To my chagrin, I have been entirely unable to find any single other person on a forum or otherwise who is applying to OSU, is currently enrolled in the MSW program, etc. It's not in the "top 10", but it's decently high on the U.S. News rankings and is one of the oldest social work programs in the country. So: Did anyone happen to apply to their MSW or know anything about the College of Social Work there?

• 2 weeks later...

That's disheartening. Mine's only been in for three weeks & I'm going stir-crazy because all of my friends know where they got in already/where they're going. I've called the MSW office a couple times, she said they had a MASSIVE applicant pool this year & they're really behind in reviewing... but they also extended the deadline to turn in materials an extra month. :huh:

I didn't apply to other schools, only because I knew if I was accepted to the other programs I planned on applying to, I wouldn't realistically move to those places at this point in my life regardless, so it was a waste of application costs & efforts & stress. I have an idea of places I'd like to apply next year if OSU doesn't pan out (moving OOS becomes more feasible then). The MSW office at OSU said they admit ~60% of applicants.

I'm hoping for good news, this is my second year applying to grad school (I got in last year but turned down the programs after poor funding, & then changed career-focus).