Any other Theatre/Drama applicants?

goldielocks09

Hi everyone! I just recently discovered thegradcafe.com and have become obsessed, as I suspect many of you are. I am really hating this waiting period (doesn't everyone?), but am noticing that there don't seem to be any other Theatre/Drama applicants lingering around this board. Am I wrong? Are there any others? If so, what programs are you waiting to hear back from?

Yes, I only just stumbled across this site a few days ago and am also totally obsessed. The theater/drama PhD news appears to be few and far between. From the info I have gathered, Berkeley has offered acceptences to some and will send out rejections in late feb/early march. Northwestern has also contacted their short list and I think sent out rejections as well. I haven't heard anything about any other theater programs. Any info on other programs?

I didn't apply to either Berkeley or Northwestern. The only school I've heard back from is UCSB, and that was an upsetting no. So now I'm waiting to hear from Cornell, Brown, Columbia, Ohio State, and Washington University in St. Louis. It seems that you and I might be the only two theatre applicants on here! Where else are you waiting to hear from?

Hi!

I've applied to some directing MFA programs and some MA/PhD programs. The only MA/PhD program I've heard from yet is UCSB a few days ago. It was an unofficial email from one of the profs saying they were interested in my application, but that due to the HUGE budget crisis in CA that's currently underway, they don't know yet how much funding they have, and that's complicating their PhD decisions... don't know if that info helps anyone. So, I'm apparently on an unofficial waitlist until this funding gets sorted out.

Do you already have an MA in history/criticism?

Is anyone else interviewing or has already interviewed at Yale Drama? I am going this week for an interview and curious about the process... also what to do in new haven when i am out on the town after its over. I have checked the cities forium on this site, but thought that I should check in with you guys too

thanks!

Me again.

I just withdrew myself from the Yale Drama applicant pool - after being invited for an interview and everything. Somehow at the last minute, I realized that I didn't want to spend three years in connecticut chasing a degree that may or may not help me in the long run (theater management mfa). it seems that the degree would be more helpful in a large city with lots of theater, but I am firmly planted in the arts community in my hometown, and don't think that a big fancy (expensive) degree would do that much for me.

So... looks like someone else is going to be asked for an interview soon!

sigh. anyone else had a similar moment of realization? I really thought they were my first choice school...