University Of Washington acceptance

Supernovasky

I checked in with the grad program coordinator last week, and she said that the early notifications would be coming out as early as this week, so it could be legit.

At least she said "early notifications"

Which means that it isn't ALL of the notifications, heh...

Still no updates from Washington-Seattle... maybe a fake posting? Maybe a singualr event, with more to come?

I know I'm not the only one on this forum that applied to Washington.

Possibly a fake posting. Trolls are everywhere, unfortunately. Also possible that different faculty notify folks who want to work in specific subfields and if that's the case, then they could all have different notification days. Also possible that the admissions will come in little waves. The earliest UW notifications from the last 3 years were around Feb 5th, so we still have time.

Possibly a fake posting. Trolls are everywhere, unfortunately. Also possible that different faculty notify folks who want to work in specific subfields and if that's the case, then they could all have different notification days. Also possible that the admissions will come in little waves. The earliest UW notifications from the last 3 years were around Feb 5th, so we still have time.

Lets hope.

Washington was one of my strongest fits.

DEARXXX

XXXXXX

In terms of decisions, our committee is still working their way through all applications. You will receive information about the decision on your application as soon as I can get it to you.

Sincerely,

Liz Collier, Graduate Program Assistant

University of Washington, Department of Sociology

*********************************************************************************

they are still working on it, at least based on the responce I got.

DEARXXX

XXXXXX

In terms of decisions, our committee is still working their way through all applications. You will receive information about the decision on your application as soon as I can get it to you.

Sincerely,

Liz Collier, Graduate Program Assistant

University of Washington, Department of Sociology

*********************************************************************************

they are still working on it, at least based on the responce I got.

th_phew.gif?t=1305050500

Invitations to attend will come out in waves from pretty much any school, so even if you don't hear anything in the first bunch, you shouldn't think that all is lost. Those who aren't in the first wave will just have to hope that those people are accepted to and select another school. I tend to assume that I haven't gotten in, that way if an acceptance letter does come its a pleasant surprise.

And are there seriously trolls on this site who would post that they'd been accepted? That sucks.

And are there seriously trolls on this site who would post that they'd been accepted? That sucks.

I kind of doubt that was the case. It is possible they got an earlier e-mail because they were extraordinarily qualified and/or a POI e-mailed them directly. Note: an even earlier case happened with someone at Univ. of Chicago. They got their acceptance at the very beginning of the year - also abnormal.

Hi!

That was me that got into University of Washington, Seattle. Got an initial email with the news on the 29th and then an official acceptance letter via email today. First email started out as:

"Congratulations! Our admissions committee has just completed our preliminary review of applications for our graduate program, and your file stood out to us as someone who would be a great addition to our department. Therefore, in the next couple of days we will be sending you a letter that invites you to join our graduate program and outlines the details of our offer of funding for your graduate studies at the University of Washington."

I'm assuming this means more emails and acceptances will be sent out soon. I know that some programs admit on a rolling basis or else assign different people the job of contacting students so that when acceptances go out is pretty eratic. Anyway, thought I would post on the results page and didn't realize there was a forum about it until today. Hope my response helps, and good luck everyone!

Congratulations on Washington! Do you mind sharing your background/research interests with us?

It seems that for the rest of us who applied, we should hope that some rejections start to crop up (hopefully not our own...). That way we can see if we're in the "Not a chance in hell" pile or the "Waiting to see who accepts our offer/still might have a chance" pile.

Hi!

That was me that got into University of Washington, Seattle. Got an initial email with the news on the 29th and then an official acceptance letter via email today. First email started out as:

"Congratulations! Our admissions committee has just completed our preliminary review of applications for our graduate program, and your file stood out to us as someone who would be a great addition to our department. Therefore, in the next couple of days we will be sending you a letter that invites you to join our graduate program and outlines the details of our offer of funding for your graduate studies at the University of Washington."

I'm assuming this means more emails and acceptances will be sent out soon. I know that some programs admit on a rolling basis or else assign different people the job of contacting students so that when acceptances go out is pretty eratic. Anyway, thought I would post on the results page and didn't realize there was a forum about it until today. Hope my response helps, and good luck everyone!

Congratulations man, Washington was one that I really hoped to go to. I do think its on a rolling basis, because Liz said they were still making their way through on a rolling basis, but nonetheless mega congrats!

Thanks, I am pretty excited.

As for my backround: I am finishing my bachelor's in sociology and statistics this year. GRE: 166 Verbal; 162 Math, 4 Wrting. GPA around 3.5. Working on an honors thesis, one semester of research assistanceship.

I am interested in sexuality and quantitative methods.

Hope that helps!