Round table discussion?

Hi everyone! I just would appreciate your advice. I just finished undergrad where I did independent research that was accepted into a fairly well-known regional conference for a round-table discussion with 4 other people who also did research on my topic.

What exactly does a roundtable discussion entail? What kind of preparation should I do before hand? Advice? I'm so nervous! Thank you in advance!

Edited by quantitative

A round table discussion is less formal than presenting on a panel. Like a panel you still bring research in progress, but it does not have to be as developed as research presented on a panel. The point is to discuss your working research with those working on similar issues so that you can share ideas, help each other develop the research further, etc. It should be an early draft of a paper. The setting is usually less formal as well (with everyone around a table or in chairs in a circle rather then presentation style). Prepare to talk about your research, your main research goals/questions, the work you have already done and where you think it is heading, what areas need to be worked on.