New Internship - Updating

Helpplease123

I have recently started a new internship that I didn't mention in my applications (as I didn't know if i'd get it) - it is for a nonprofit and I am applying to MPA programs...is this something I can/should update schools on? I am particularly keen to, as this is my first proper nonprofit internship and I was worried that my lack of nonprofit experience is what was going to let me down in the application process....

Also, I didn't really elaborate on my voluntary work in my application but focused more on my professional work experience which I now know was a big mistake...is there anyway I can elaborate on it somehow if I were also telling them about this new internship?

I could send a new CV with the new internship on it but also expand on the voluntary work down the bottom - or will it annoy them that i'm changing too much at this stage and it'd just be better to focus on letting them know about the internship and cut my losses on the other stuff?

Couple of things:

1) I don't know how late your deadlines are. Depending on that, it might not make much of a difference. Your application might already be going through the machinery.

2) Some schools explicitly say that if you send revised documents, they don't replace the older documents. They just get added. If that is the case, someone reading both the documents can find your additions a bit pretentious or desperate. That's the worst case scenario though.

Thanks so much for your advice. Deadlines were 15th Dec and 5th Jan but for the 15th Dec, I know it was only complete last week due to a missing bank statement (i'm international) - I have spoken to a really nice guy in admissions at my top choice about something else. Would it maybe be beneficial to just email him and say, I don't know if it's too late to consider this but I have recently started a new internship etc? Or if the app is complete, is it already too late? I never got a final your app is complete email but the email said I was missing financial statements and I know they now have them.

Edited by Helpplease123

Not all schools send a confirmation mail. Also, just because your bank statement was missing, it doesn't naturally imply that your app wasn't looked at at all. Most schools don't ask for financial documents at the time of applying. I think I saw only one school, Georgia Tech, which did, but after contacting their dept., they said that it wasn't mandatory and won't affect the decision. My point being that the department isn't really concerned with your finances. The grad office on the whole is, but I doubt if they would let that stall the review. In any case, if you have built a good rapport with someone in the admissions dept., you should ask if you can send updated documents. Can't hurt in any way. And if they say yes, it's your call.

Well they emailed me last week saying my application was incomplete due to the missing bank statement but I emailed straight way to the I20 processing and they got back to me the next day saying it was being added to my app...but they did previously say i'd get an email when app was complete...

So, I emailed letting them know I had a new internship and asking them if they wanted any more info or an updated copy of my resume - hopefully not too pushy as leaves the option (most likely) of them saying, no, it's too late. Hopefully they mean...it's too late, we already accepted you!! I really never though i'd be quite this obsessive!! :wacko: