The University of Chicago

Veilside1

I 'm an ancient historian, and have applications out to both Classics and History Departments. Most of my applications, however, are to Classics. The one which is housed in History that I care about the most is Chicago. I am hoping that since the 'History' sub-forum here is far more active than 'Classics', you guys can offer more insight (also, obviously, since this concerns a History Department, :)).

Thanks, and good luck to us all!!

I 'm an ancient historian, and have applications out to both Classics and History Departments. Most of my applications, however, are to Classics. The one which is housed in History that I care about the most is Chicago. I am hoping that since the 'History' sub-forum here is far more active than 'Classics', you guys can offer more insight (also, obviously, since this concerns a History Department, :)).

Thanks, and good luck to us all!!

Hmmm - what sort of insight are you seeking...? :)

As someone already in a program, the answers to your questions beyond decision date are not really going to be public knowledge. Chicago is a pretty huge program. I think they usually admit around 30-50 people per year and that is probably out of some where in between 500-1000 applicants. I know where I go, we have been in the past two years getting record numbers of applicants (related to the recession), and most schools have generally less spots available, so this is probably also true at Chicago.