COLT--Brown/Cornell/Stanford

For those COLT applicants, have you heard anything from Brown/Cornell/Stanford? I received nothing whatsoever, but according to the board, one admit to Brown, two to Cornell, and one admit plus one reject by Stanford.

I've also applied to brown comp lit and heard nothing so far. But the fact that someone who got in received a phone call last week probably and unfortunately meant that they've already contacted people who were in. So they will most probably send out rejection and waitlist notifications early next week. breaks my heart but oh well.

from brown:

Thank you for your inquiry. Admissions decisions will be sent, by the Graduate School, early next week.

With best wishes,

Esther Whitfield.

I guess that will be rejection letters.

Acceptance letters are sent in a personal fashion by the department

I've also applied to brown comp lit and heard nothing so far. But the fact that someone who got in received a phone call last week probably and unfortunately meant that they've already contacted people who were in. So they will most probably send out rejection and waitlist notifications early next week. breaks my heart but oh well.

I think this is pretty wrong. Look, for instance, at 2011, when several successful applicants were notified by email and website. In 2010, it would seem that every accepted applicant, at least on grad cafe, was notified via the website. The Brown app was due on Jan. 2nd, and most adcoms do several rounds of application review. It might also be worth something that the first acceptance was an international student, who in general seem to be notified first. This was the case for Duke, at least.

I just wouldn't be so defeatist. Also, if you look at past records, the acceptances have in some cases been staggered. Idk, man. Don't think you're despair is necessary.

Edited by vordhosbntwin

Well, judging from my experience with berkeley that was what happened. Some people got in, others who didn't were notified the week after. It is true that some schools do several rounds of application review and international students are usually notified earlier but I do live outside of the US (although not an international) and heard nothing. So my despair might just be as a result of my individual case.