GEM Fellowship 2012

MSEngineer12

I am applying for the GEM fellowship and my Employer Status is now 'HELD'. Does anyone know what this means? I know the email from the GEM office mentioned 'unmatched', 'matched', 'released'. My status went through all those stages, then went to 'held'.

Any other GEM applicants out there? Would love to know your experience.

My employer status went from unmatched to matched about a week after I applied. A week ago it went from matched to released. What does "released" mean? I am guessing it means the employer that was interested in me is no longer interested in me, but that's a guess.

So other people's statuses are changing huh...I'm worried now. My status went from 'preliminarily matched', to 'matched' within a couple of weeks of application, It hasn't changed since!

Carlos,

Were you interviewed by anyone at their member company? My status has changed but I haven't been interviewed. I am not sure if it is possible to get an award without interviewing with one of the companies.

I got an email saying : "The National GEM Consortium has completed the first three rounds of our selection process to determine who has been selected for confirmation to become a 2012 GEM Fellow. If you are in receipt of this email, we regret to inform you that you were not selected in the first three rounds. Although we do have one more selection round before we complete this year’s selections. However based on the applications currently under review the probability is low that you will be selected as a 2012 GEM Fellow." :((((((

• 1 year later...

Hey Chris44444,

Did you change your application in some way prior it going to released? I just added my GRE scores and my status has changed. I am curious as the GRE is not required for GEM.