Boston College

Soc231160

Hi All,

I saw two BC postings in the results forum. One by phone and one by email. Anyone care to share more information? Who contacted you, what information did you recieve... etc. Thank you and of course Congrats!!

I second this... Please! BC is a top choice for me.

It's been really, really quiet on the BC front. Honestly, I think it's really hard because there just isn't as much data on this site about BC as there is about other schools. For instance, in the results search, no one on GradCafe even posted that they got accepted to BC last year. It's not been easy to get a good read on if the 3 acceptances posted this year was it, or if there might still be some hope. No one's cracked and contacted the department? :)

@MoreCoffee, I'm considering calling to find out if they're done making decisions... It's so hard to tell if there just aren't many people who posted on here, or if they're not done yet. The anticipation is killing me, though!!

Oh, if you do, please post what you find out! I feel like my emotions are just on a roller coaster about this one. There's just not enough information on here to infer any thing. I've applied to U of Wash. and UMd as well and haven't heard a thing but I've kind of assumed those two mean a rejection given that many other people have heard about those two schools. The BC anticipation is definitely the hardest one for me!

I just got my email from Boston College. Waitlisted! They say it's a short waitlist because they can only accept a few people at a time and that there's a high chance I'll be admitted.

They give all their accepted students an 18K first year TAship and say basically everyone gets fully funded for 5 years. They're having a recruitment weekdays - March 12-14.

AHHHHH My day just got infinitely more wonderful! I know it's not for sure and I may still not be accepted, but after being rejected from everywhere (including Boston) last year, this is a huge step in the right direction.

Good luck to all!

Congrats kbirch!!! Sounds like it's a rejection for me, but I'm feeling a little less desperate now that I've gotten accepted to two other schools. A little disappointed in that BC was my first choice. Anyway, BEST OF LUCK to you in getting off the waitlist! That's super exciting!