Have we always needed to register for Mendeley?

Gelato

When did that start? I downloaded it a year ago, that computer crashed so I'm trying to download it again. I only want to use it on my own computer, I don't need to share or find more info or anything.

I used it a lot last year, but actually this year I've been using Adobe Reader X a lot more... the 10th version highlights and comments, which is my main attraction to Mendeley vs the other free options. Plus, when using Mendeley I had the problem that it uses links to my files , so if I move the file, Mendeley can't find it without help.

(but now I want to quickly get the titles from 27 pdfs, so I finally downloaded Mendeley again.)

Any thoughts?

(Sorry to start a new thread, it's a specific question that I hope has a quick specific answer and then this thread can die a quick death :) ! )

I downloaded it about two years ago, and I was required to create an account.

If you don't want things to be public, you can change your settings so that all your stuff is only visible to you.